"It was fun learning in such a relaxed and positive atmosphere. Both your knowledge and teaching ability are first rate! And I've learned from the best." JackW.
Banner Elk, NC
October 9-12, 2016.
Call (828) 898-4571 Rooms reserved under Kate Silvia Photography or Adventures in Light
Join me for an adventure in learning and exploring in the mountains of western North Carolina. During this 4 day workshop, we'll visit wondrous waterfalls, capture sunrises and sunsets, and explore night photography. A visit to breathtaking Grandfather Mountain is included in the price. Heavy emphasis will be placed on composition. All photography skill levels are welcome. If you're a beginner, be sure to let me know so I can walk you through the steps of proper exposure. A block of rooms is reserved under Kate Silvia Photography at the Best Western Mountain Lodge in Banner Elk, NC.
Most of the areas we will visit are within 1/2 mile of the parking area. Sunrise and Sunset spots require a 1/4 to 1/2 mile hike on rocky terrain. Not recommended for people with balance issues. We will be visiting the Linville Gorge in order to get the best view of Linville Falls. This is a Strenuous hike, about 0.8 miles one way. It's not that long, just tough. You are welcome to join the rest of the workshop if you still wish to attend and there are several other places at Linville Falls to get a view that do not require this kind of hike.
What You'll Learn
- Basics of Digital Nature Photography
- Camera settings, exposure, and working in Manual Mode
- Night Photography
- Working with available light
- Lightroom and Photoshop basics
- Nik and Topaz Plug-Ins for Creative expression
What To Bring
- Digital or Film Camera with Interchangeable lenses
- Any filters you own. A polarizer is highly recommended
- Remote release (not required)
- Batteries, Chargers, SD/CF cards or film
- Hiking Shoes or Boots
- Rain gear
- Sweatshirts, pants, layers...it can get chilly!
- Cell Phone
- Water bottle/hydration pouch
- Sunscreen and Bug spray
***When Checking Out on Eventzilla, you MUST return to the registration page in order for your reservation and payment to be processed.***