Places we may visit
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
- Botany Bay
- Historic Downtown Charleston and Rainbow Row
- Folly Beach and/or Sullivan's Island
- Shem Creek Park
- The Ravenel Bridge
Things you may see
- Historic gardens painted with pink and red azaleas and live oak trees covered with southern Spanish moss.
- One of the best sunrise and sunset spots in Charleston, Folly Beach. Dunes, surfers, sea stars, a lighthouse, fishing pier, and possibly even dolphins.
- The eerie yet beautiful boneyard beach at Botany Bay
- Shrimp boats and marshlands
- Civil War era homes and cobblestone lined streets of historic Charleston.
***See Images Below of The Area***
When: March 24 starting at Noon. Ends Noon on Wednesday March 27th.
Tuition: Early Bird: $645/person. Discounts for CNPA members available. Limited to 10 students
Registration will go up to $675 after Jan 1, 2019.
Recommended Lodging: Hampton Inn and Suites West Ashley. A block of rooms is set aside for $124/night under Kate Silvia Photography but you may stay anywhere you wish.
We will meet at the Hampton Inn and Suites West Ashley at noon on the 24th for an introduction and overview of the schedule.
Spring is by far, the BEST time to visit Charleston, SC. The majority of the workshop will be held in the field to make the most of your time here. We'll be heading to the best locations at the perfect times around the Charleston area. This is going to be so much more than a "tour". I'll be helping you with your camera settings, exposure, understanding the histogram, and many more technical aspects of photography. We'll have all the time we need to concentrate on composition and light. This is the area that most photographers struggle with, and yet, spend the least amount of time practicing. Weather will dictate our exact itinerary. All attendees will receive a FREE copy of my E-Book "Composition For The Landscape Photographer" Join me for an extended weekend of fun and learning in one of the most beautiful locations in the southeast.
***PLEASE NOTE: When registering, if you choose the Paypal option, you MUST return to the eventzilla registration page after payment or your payment will NOT PROCESS** I'm working with them on this issue but in the meantime, please make sure you take this last step.