Have you recently jumped on board with the Adobe Creative cloud or own both photoshop and lightroom?
Do you use Lightroom but would like to learn Photoshop or vice versa?
Kate silvia and Kenny Mckeithan are going to walk you through the entire Lightroom and photoshop process step by step to make you a much better photo editor and creator.
Photo editing has always been a part of the creative process. Years ago, and still today for some, the darkroom was where their compositions came to life. I was never content to drop my film off at Walgreens and have a machine make all the color and contrast decisions for me. Nor am I satisfied with what my camera says an image should look like. I make those decisions, and now you will too!
what we'll cover
- Organization-Catalogs, Folders, Collections
- Importing-Presets, Destination, Keywording
- Library-Image culling, flags and star ratings,
- Develop Module-Global adjustments, Local Corrections, The Adjustment Brush, spot removal, gradient tool, cropping, sharpening and more.
- Exporting-Presets, folders, print, web
- Slideshows and books
- Lightroom Mobile and more...
- Moving between Lightroom and PS
- Setting up an efficient workspace
- Tools (healing, cloning, brushes, text)
- Creating Actions to streamline workflow
- Image blending -HDR, Pano
- Basic Layers-Adjustment layers, adding canvas, combining images into a single document
- Using Plug-In's (NIK/Topaz)
- Sharpening, saving with layers, printing
- and more...
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
August 18-20, 2017.
678 Citadel Haven Dr, Charleston SC.
$375 CNPA Members/$400 General Public
A block of rooms will be reserved under Kate Silvia Photography. Rooms will be released to the public July 15, 2017. Workshop begins Friday at 2:00 p.m. eastern time and ends Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
who should take this workshop?
This weekend is ideal for someone who owns both Photoshop and Lightroom and has used one of these programs for a while and has a relatively decent comfort level with it, but isn't confident in the other program. If you've owned Lightroom and recently signed up for the Creative Cloud, you get Photoshop automatically but nobody showed you how to use it. This workshop is for you...and vice versa with the programs. If you are simply dabbling in both programs and can't figure out a good workflow, this is for you!
Don't worry...we're going to go out and play with our cameras a bit too!
What to Bring
- Laptop with Photoshop CS5, CS6 or CC AND Lightroom 5, 6, or CC installed.
- Laptop Charger
- Extension cord or power strip.
- Camera Gear for sunrise/sunset outings
- Jacket or Fleece (the room is usually chilly)
- Rain gear
- Cushion for seat if needed...we'll be sitting for a long time.
- Snacks and Water will be provided. Meals are on your own or with the group but not included in the price of the workshop.
- Sleeping rooms are not included in the price of the workshop.
***When checking out, you MUST return to the registration page on Eventzilla for the registration and payment to go through. Otherwise, your space is not reserved***