"It was fun learning in such a relaxed and positive atmosphere. Both your knowledge and teaching ability are first rate! And I've learned from the best." JackW.
Join Kenny McKeithan and Kate Silvia for an adventure in learning and exploring along the Blue Ridge Parkway in western North Carolina. During this 3 night workshop, we'll visit wondrous waterfalls, capture amazing sunsets, explore Blue Ridge Parkway, and hike along the Appalachian Trail. A visit to breathtaking Grandfather Mountain is included in the price. This is one of our biggest and most popular workshops of the year and it tends to sell out months in advance. We'll be adjusting our schedules a bit and skipping sunrises so we can work on our night photography skills. Photo editing classes will be held early afternoon. All photography skill levels are welcome. If you're a beginner, be sure to let us know so we can walk you through the steps of proper exposure. A block of rooms is reserved under Kate Silvia Photography at the Best Western Mountain Lodge in Banner Elk, NC. ***Room Block released to the public June 20th***
Starts at 4:00p.m. on the 19th and ends at noon on Sunday the 22nd.
What You'll Learn
- Basics of Digital Nature Photography
- Camera settings, exposure, and working in Manual Mode
- Lenses and Filters
- Long Exposures
- Night Photography skills including pinpoint stars, star trails, photographing the Milky Way, photographing the moon, focusing at night, using star trackers, and processing night photos in Photoshop and Lightroom.
- High Dynamic Range at sunset
- Image blending in Photoshop and Lightroom (HDR for sunset images)
What To Bring
- Digital Camera with Interchangeable lenses ranging from wide angle to medium telephoto.
- Any filters you own. A polarizer is highly recommended for waterfalls we'll visit.
- Remote release (not required but necessary for star trail images if you choose to do them)
- Flashlight/headlamp with Red Light capability...maintains your night vision.
- Batteries, Chargers, SD/CF cards or film
- Hiking Shoes or Boots
- Rain gear
- Sweatshirts, pants, layers...it can get chilly even in summer
- Cell Phone
- Water bottle/hydration pouch
- Sunscreen and Bug spray
***When Checking Out, you MUST return to the registration page in order for your reservation and payment to be processed.***